This meeting will introduce the fundamental principles of quantum computing, as well as the materials crucial to the field explored through the lens of electron microscopy. Currently, the amount of data generated by microscopy in biology and material science is getting bigger and bigger, also due to the new generation of detectors. This meeting will discuss how artificial intelligence can help in interpreting the data and how to cope with its exponential growth.
- 09:30 Badge Pickup & Welcome Coffee
- 09:50 - 10:10 Welcome address
- 10:10 - 10:35 "Quantum materials in TEM" (Dr Tommaso Antonelli, ETH)
- 10:35 - 11:00 "Quantum computing" (Dr Heike Riel, IBM)
- 11:15 - 11:40 "Electron microscopy: artificial intelligence and big data" (Prof Cécile Hébert, EPFL)
- 11:40 - 12:05 "X-ray tomography: big data management" (Dr Goran Lovric, PSI)
- 12:05 - 12:30 Round table - artificial intelligence on data, big data
- 13:30 - 15:00 lab tours: TEM noise-free laboratory or Quantumum experience or Clean room of the Binnig Rohrer Nanotechnology center.
- End of the meeting
Please note that registration is mandatory. Use the link on the right or scan the QR code on the flyer to register.